MAKS 401 REVERSE OSMOSIS ANTISCALANT
MAKS 401 is an antiscalant for reverse osmosis systems.
- Highly effective antiscalant across a broad spectrum of waters
- Suitable for RO (Reverse Osmosis) & NF (Nano Filtration) membranes
- Inhibits common scales (Calcium carbonate/Sulphate, Calcium Phosphate, Barium/Strontium Sulphate, Silica, Iron/Manganese)
- Effective at LSI up to + 3.0
- Excellent iron fouling inhibitor
- Excellent silica antiscalant
- Reduces or replaces the need for acid addition
- Compatible with all polyamide membrane types
- Complies with NSF regulations up to 25 ppm
The BIMAKS computer software will define the optimum chemical requirement for any given water quality. While calculating dosage rates membrane manufacturer’s limits, product capability, operating parameters and feed water quality are all considered.
All calculations are made on the concentrated reject brine and utilize the predicted Langelier Saturation Index, or the Stiff and Davis Index where seawater and high salinity water is in use. Calcium, barium and strontium sulfate solubility’s are also calculated as is the dosage of MAKS 401.
Your BIMAKS representative will recommend the optimum dosage necessary to ensure maximum program performance according to your specific system parameters.
MAKS 401 needs to be fed continuously to the feed water. MAKS 401 should be fed neat to a location in the system where it will be uniformly mixed and thoroughly distributed. The specific dosage rate is between 2-10 ppm.
MATERIALS: Storage and application equipments (pumps, lines) should be made of PE, PVC, PTFE or stainless steel. Do not use aluminum, brass, carbon steel and nickel in contact with the neat product.
As a standard precaution with all chemicals we recommend the use of personal protective equipments such as goggles and rubber gloves when handling. Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet as the only official source of Environmental and Safety information.
MAKS 401 can be stored for at least 24 months from date of shipping if kept in its original, unopened container and under normal warehouse conditions. Protect from freezing and from exposure to high temperature.
MAKS 401 is available in non-returnable containers of different sizes.