MAKS 3100 SCALE AND CORROSION INHIBITOR
MAKS 3100 is a combination of film-forming corrosion inhibitors with a scale suppressant in liquid form.
MAKS 3100 is designed for use in all common types of closed engine cooling systems. The product protects ferrous metals, copper and copper alloys and all other metals including aluminum components.
MAKS 3100 is particularly suitable for the coolant of auxiliary diesel engines containing aluminum components and is fully compatible with water/ethylene glycol solutions.
- Contained dispersant keeps engine systems clean and free from scale and corrosion formation
- Maintains heat transfer efficiency and extends engine life
- Does not damage rubber gaskets and non-metal parts
- Chromate free
- Soluble in water in all proportions
The specific dosage of MAKS 3100 for industrial closed cooling systems varies depending on the operating characteristics and metallurgy of your system.
Initial treatment is at a rate of 1 liter of MAKS 3100 per 32 liters of coolant. Thereafter, the procedure is as follows:
- For engine systems that contain less than 100 liters of coolant, MAKS 3100 should be added at a rate of 1/2 liter per system every month.
- For engine systems that contain more than 100 liters of coolant (larger systems), it is necessary to ensure that the level of sodium nitrite is tested weekly and that MAKS 3100 is added as required to maintain the reserve in excess of the minimum. The sodium nitrite reserve should be kept above 1000 ppm. If the reserve falls below this value, then 0.7 liters of MAKS 3100 should be added per 100 liters of coolant. The system should then be allowed to circulate and the above test procedure should be repeated until a satisfactory reserve is obtained.
Overdosing with MAKS 3100 is not harmful to the system. Control of the performance MAKS 3100 can be done with a simple nitrite and pH test.
WARNING: As with all nitrite-based inhibitors, loss of nitrite is possible due to nitrification caused by bacteria. Especially in industrial cooling systems, where the maximum temperature is relatively low, it is good practice to add an appropriate BIMAKS biocide regularly.
Your BIMAKS representative will recommend the optimum dosage necessary to ensure maximum program performance according to your specific system parameters.
MAKS 3100 should be fed by a pump or a feeder installed on a by-pass to the circulating system. In smaller systems, it can be fed directly to the header tank.
MATERIALS: Storage and application equipments (pumps, lines) should be made of PE, PP, PU, PVC, stainless steel 304+316, Teflon, Vinyl tubing, Viton, Brass, Buna-N, Carbon steel, Hypalon, Neoprene or Nickel. Do not use Aluminum, Plasite 6000+7122 in contact with the neat product.
As a standard precaution with all chemicals we recommend the use of personal protective equipments such as goggles and rubber gloves when handling. Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet as the only official source of Environmental and Safety information.
MAKS 3100 can be stored for at least 24 months from date of shipping if kept in its original, unopened container and under normal warehouse conditions. Protect from freezing and from exposure to high temperature. MAKS 3100 is available in non-returnable containers of different sizes.
APPLICATION METHOD AND QUANTITY
The dosage quantity of the product changes according to the operating conditions and water chemistry of the system. BIMAKS representative will propose the appropriate dosage quantity to ensure maximum conditioning performance based on the distributed system parameters..